Monday, September 7, 2009

Overcoming Flesh

Many times in my life I have wanted to put off important work, and just lay and think;
Just let everything pass me by without a care in the world.
Thats not how my Father sees fit.
With His encouragment, I always find a way to do those boring tasks.
This flesh hates what is good and loves what is forbiden or sinful.

Sometimes I wish I could fall back into sinful "luxuries" of the dead past;
Why does everyone else get to do whatever they want, as much as they want,whenever they want?
Father has called me to a life of celibacy.
Satan will do anything to break me;
To disgrace my Fathers' wishes;
To set sin before us.
God has taught me how to overcome temptation.
Whenever I feel my mind glaze over and dark thoughts creep in, I pray:
"Satan leave me in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ!"
It was through Jesus that demons were cast out in New Testament days, and His name will always expel any temptation.
The problem is, temptation just trys to re-enter.
One must always be on guard against evil thoughts.

"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8).

I know Father loves me, and I would never hurt Him by doing selfish evils.
I trust Him,and with God always guiding me, we can overcome any temptation.

"You are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20b)

No comments:

Post a Comment